Are you getting enough water?
We want to help you improve your diet and be as healthy as you can to give you that all-important head start with your studies...
Our first question - are you getting enough water?
Your water consumption can easily get overlooked but it's very important - maybe more so than you think. Here are some of the many benefits of keeping hydrated:
- Clearer skin: If you're going through a spotty stage (it happens to all of us), get yourself a big water bottle and set yourself challenges to drink X amount of water throughout the day to stop you and your skin from drying out. If you stick to it, your skin will clear up in no time. Don't just depend on this though, water isn't magic!
- Reduces headaches: This is the most natural way to reduce your headache, especially if used as a prevention instead of a cure. If you increase your water intake, Berocca and stocking up on emergency paracetamols will be a thing of the past.
- Flushes out your toxins: Without going into too much detail, it will flush away all the things you don't need in your body anymore and leave you feeling refreshed. A big way you lose water is through sweat so no workout is complete without a bottle of water!
- Encourages weight loss: Drinking water is known to speed up your metabolism meaning that you'll lose weight that little bit quicker so start by drinking at least a glass an hour. Again don't just depend on water to shift some weight, unfortunately, life isn't that easy. If only...
- Saves money: It is completely free! You can top your water bottle up wherever you are - in your flat, on your university campus, at the gym etc. All you need to worry about it getting a fancy water bottle or reuse your Evian one.
If you aren't the biggest fan of water (some people aren't) then invest in an infusion bottle. Everyone has one, including all your favourite fitness and gym bloggers on social media...
I’m trying to get the water in today.. I’m not always great at drinking it but today is all about starting a fresh for me.. . . Infusions are definitely the way to go as you can add flavours without it being high in calories.. . . I’m drinking strawberry, blueberries and I’ve added ice into today’s.. . . What’s your favourite infusions?!
You can add your favourite fruits to the bottle for a naturally-flavoured water meaning you're getting all the water you need without the added sugars and calories! What will you put in yours?
Start by setting yourself a water challenge and before you know it, you'll be reaping all the benefits!
- Read Next
- Ways your phone can help your anxiety... THE games to smash over summer Have you got your graduation outfit sorted? 12 stages all students go through during exams 10 great heatwave tips! How to survive exam stress The FIFA World Cup goes to… Russia! 7 healthy power snacks for studying Stuck for something to do this summer? 8 jobs PERFECT for summer! Cheap (and fun) ways to release your exam stress Top 6 European getaways!
- Ways your phone can help your anxiety... My year at Fresh Student Living! Stay Fresh This Summer Sex is like Tea Coming Out and My Mental Health