Being in charge of your finances for the first time might seem like a shock to the system, but if you learn to budget, your student loan should stretch far enough!
Here's a list of student discounts which should help get you through the first term:
- Getting a 16-25 Railcard could not only save you 1/3 on all train tickets but you could receive money off lots of other attractions like the theatre and eating out.
- If you travel more by coach to visit home or friends in other cities it's probably worth investing in a Young Persons Coachcard with National Express. These are only £10 for 1 year or £25 for 3 years and they give you 1/3 off all fares!
Food and Drink
- So you probably know about getting a FREE cheeseburger if you show your student ID when you've bought a Mcdonald's meal, but did you know you could choose a FREE Mayo Chicken or McFlurry Original instead?
- A Taste Card is a necessity if you love eating out! You can get 50% off your bill or 2-for-1 on meals in a huge selection of restaurants. If you've got a student bank account with RBS or Natwest, you will have automatically received one of these or if you've got a railcard, you can get 2 months for FREE!
- Love listening to music but hate adverts or want to take it on-the-go when you haven't got Wi-Fi? Spotify and Apple Music are both half price for students! An NUS Extra card is all you need for 50% off Spotify and your uni email address will get you a half-price membership with Apple Music for up to 4 years - Winner!
- As a student, you can get a Prime Student account for FREE for 6 months! This means you can get FREE one-day delivery on millions of items, stream movies and TV shows and get exclusive access to student offers! After the 6 months, you'll only have to pay half-price!