Easy meals you can cook in your combi microwave!
Sometimes you can get home from uni and just not have the energy to cook, but it doesn't have to take up that much time...
By making the most of your combi microwave oven you could have some delicious meals that don't even take that long and don't require that much skill either!
We've gathered some of the easiest (and tastiest) recipes that will have all your mates begging to come round for dinner:
- Homemade Fish & 'Chips'
If you fancy a lighter alternative to the British classic then make your own fish and chips at home. This wedge recipe is exactly what you need to complete this meal and they're pretty straightforward.
- Slice the potatoes into small wedges and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Mix them in the olive oil in a big bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line the combi-microwave with foil and parchment paper and arrange the potato wedges so they're not covering.
- Cook on at 210°c for 20 minutes.
- Grill for 4/5 minutes to brown them.
Now you just need to sort some fish and mushy peas to complete the rest of your meal - simple!
- Vegetable Lasagne
There's nothing that a lasagne can't fix! With lots of hearty veg (and cheese) it's the perfect meal for winter and to share with others or meal prep!
- Preheat oven to 300 W + 180°c
- Chop some peppers, tomatoes and courgettes.
- Place the peppers under the grill for about 6/8 minutes, then remove and cover with a tea towel for 10 minutes.
- Mix basil, oil, salt and pepper together with ricotta and crème fraîche.
- Heat butter over a hob, gradually adding flour and milk - constantly stirring.
- Spoon some of the sauce into the bottom of an ovenproof dish, add lasagne sheets, then the vegetable mixture and finally the sauce.
- Repeat until dish is full and bake for 35 mins.
- Pasta Bake
This hearty meal is exactly what you want for minimal effort but tasty results. It's perfect if you want to make loads and freeze it for another day.
- Preheat oven to 300 W + 180°c
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water on the hob.
- Add peppers, onions, carrots and butter in a dish. Cook for 8 minutes at 850 W.
- Pour over vegetable stock and mix together with crème fraîche, pepper and salt.
- Drain the pasta and put into an ovenproof dish with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle over 100g of grated Cheddar cheese.
- Bake until golden brown (around 3o minutes).
- Cake in A Mug
A chocolate treat that only takes about 5 minutes - well, it'd be rude not to! This foolproof recipe is super simple and tastes really good.
- Add all the DRY ingredients (4 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa) to the mug.
- Crack an egg into the mug and mix it well.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of milk, 3 tablespoons of melted butter/oil and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Pop the mug into the microwave for 3 minutes (850 W) until it rises!
- Double chocolate brownies
We had no idea you could make brownies in the microwave so your combi oven is perfect when you're in the mood to bake and want to do it in an easy way!
- Break up 100g of dark chocolate into chunks in a glass bowl.
- Add 125g of butter and 150 of brown sugar and microwave until melted (should take around 4 minutes).
- Whisk in 100g of self-raising flour and 2 eggs and pour mixture into a greased dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into chunks and serve!
Some of these are SO easy, you have no excuses. Bon appetit!
- Read Next
- Deals, discounts & offers galore! Things to do (and not do) before an exam Supermarket cheat sheet Could you survive on £20 a week? Top 6 European getaways! Undecided about where to live next year? Grab your room for September 2018!
- Sex is like Tea Amazing females that NEED to be on your radar Could you survive on £20 a week? Deals, discounts & offers galore! Why I love staying FRESH...