We've all been there - stuck in exam period thinking there is no way out BUT there is!
First step? Don't panic and overwork yourself. After that, you need to accept that exams aren't easy but there are some positives - it's nearly summer!
In the meantime, there are little things you can do to help yourself out...
- Exercise regularly: It'll make you much happier, give you a distraction from the books and impact how you do in your exams if you exercise regularly. Whatever you do, find the motivation and get yourself out there!
- Make sure you rest: Whatever you may think, all-nighters don't work. You need to have a good nights sleep after a long day of revision. Remember how much you'd hate going to sleep when you were younger? Well, now is the time for power naps.
- Eat well: Your parents used to nag you about eating your veggies, didn't they? They were right! You need a balanced diet so think fruit, veg and protein. It's tempting but don't pig out on takeaways because you're feeling too tired to cook.
- Stay hydrated: This goes hand in hand with eating well. Always keep a bottle of water handy to keep your brain hydrated and concentrated when you're revising. Just be careful not to spill it around your revision cards...
- Laugh! Simple yet effective. Whether you're laughing at random videos on Facebook or reminiscing on better days with your best friend - laughter is the best medicine. Who said exam time has to be all doom and gloom?
- Get out and do something: It doesn't have to be all work and no play. Got out with your mates, but only after you've completed a goal you set for yourself or if you need a study break.
- Be organised: Without a clear mind, you won't have a clue where to start. Create a revision timetable so you know what you're doing and when. Try to keep a tidy working space too so whether that's the library or your bedroom, time to declutter.
- Switch off: Whether you take this literally and turn your phone off or just avoid social media during 'working hours' - you need to clear your head so that you can concentrate on revision. You can catch up with your group chats and social media later...