The Old Fire Station, complete with its original iconic fireman’s pole and drill tower, has been transformed into Birmingham’s landmark student accommodation.
Just imagine sharing an apartment with your favourite mates (or meeting new ones) or moving here to make your very own studio your home. The variety of student accommodation at The Old Fire Station combines both; apartments with either en-suite bedrooms or rooms sharing a bathroom. Or if sharing’s definitely off the list, claim a place of your own in an en-suite studio. Reassuringly, all are designed with the same attention to detail and feature small double beds, roomy work areas and bags of storage.
The Old Fire Station may the best place to enjoy the distractions of the city but it’s also a prime spot for major study destinations. With Aston University opposite, there’s also easy access to University College Birmingham, Birmingham City University, Newman University and Birmingham University. When you need to take a break, head for The Old Fire Station’s own social space where our on-site team are constantly rustling up fun ideas for your free time.
Did you see us on Channel 4’s “Great British Buildings: Restoration of the Year” series? Hosted by Kevin McCloud and Dr Anna Keay, we featured on the 4th episode as they judged some of the most incredible restoration projects in the UK. The Old Fire Station was chosen by the judges as the winner in that category – see the full story on our blog.
- Small double bedTake up as much room as you like or big enough to share.
- Work spaceThe perfect spot for getting your head down for some serious study.
- Spacious storageAmple storage solutions make student living simple.
- Supersized roomsOur rooms start from 20m2, so you'll definitely have room to fit it all in. Yes, even that!
- En-suite shower roomFreshen up any time of the day or night and no waiting around until it’s empty.
- Shared shower roomThe shared shower room is just outside your bedroom door.
- Shared bathroomThere's one bathroom for each apartment and plenty of storage space for everyone's essentials.
- Mini-kitchen in all studiosWe give you the a hob & microwave and the rest is up to you. Surprise yourself and your mum!
- Shared kitchen/living spacesGrab a seat and something to eat - you're home.
- Social spaceYou'll always find friends here when you want them. With a huge TV and chill out area you’ll never want to leave!
- Quiet study areaAlways be among friends, even when it’s time to study in this dedicated room.
- Outdoor social spaceFun, games and alfresco dining in our lovely courtyard area
- CCTVFor your peace of mind we're always watching out for you.
- Security teamOvernight security teams are there for you whenever you need them.
- LaundryThe card-operated machines can wash and dry so there's no excuse for washing going home to mum!
- Dedicated on-site teamOur friendly, switched-on staff are here to help you whenever you need it.
- Social eventsOur social calendar is buzzing with events to give you a great time and leave you feeling far from bored.
- High Speed Broadband100Mbps broadband means buffering will never stop you finding out just how that movie ends.
- Wi-FiOur extensive service will keep you connected wherever you are in the building.
- All billsNo need to stress over bills or ever running out of hot water.
- Contents insuranceKeep everything safe with inclusive contents insurance with Endsleigh.
- Secured depositsYou can trust us; we're part of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- ANUK accreditationWe're signed up to the ANUK code, so you know we're a legit landlord.
- Free dual occupancyWith fixed price rooms, there's no additional charge if couples share a studio.
- Free 4TVPick what you like for free when watching TV and listening to the radio on your computer, tablet or phone.
We think we’re pretty great, but here’s what some of our students have to say about living with us
I love living at The Old Fire Station because it’s so close to everything! Uni, shops and central Birmingham are right on my doorstep.Kieran, 3rd year
The Old Fire station is great for couples. The Studio flats here are so roomy and comfortable, plus it’s quiet too!Emma, 2nd year
Studying in a place steeped in so much history is incredible. The private library looks like it was taken straight from Hogwarts!Kieran, 3rd year