Putting the new into Newcastle, The Shield brings something fresh to the city.
Expect ultra-chic student accommodation in Newcastle with the arrival of The Shield. You’ll be spoilt for choice with the variety of en-suite rooms in shared apartments and en-suite studios. A stroll away from the banks of the River Tyne and the city centre, it’s also a great spot to walk to all things study. Reach Northumbria University in eight minutes and be at the doors of Newcastle University in under 20.
When you feel like catching up with friends (or making new ones) there are three amazing social spaces to enjoy, including quiet study areas, gym, multi-media room and an outdoor courtyard.
En-suite rooms include a study area, well-planned storage, small double bed and en-suite shower room. Fun and food can be had in the shared kitchen and living space with your flatmates. Select a self-contained studio and you’ll be set to enjoy your own mini-kitchen. Prices on studios are per room rather than per person so sharing is a great option.
- Small double bedTake up as much room as you like or big enough to share.
- En-suite shower roomBe treated to your very own shower room, with no waiting in line.
- Work spaceDedicated desk area for all your books and computer tech.
- Spacious storageWe give you bags of storage to stay tidy. Go on, make your mum proud!
- Full length mirrorsCheck you out!
- Shared kitchen/living spacesCatch up with all the latest gossip over a bite to eat.
- Mini-kitchen in all studiosWith combi-oven and your own breakfast bar you’ll be cooking up a storm!
- Social spaceWith a huge TV, games area and multimedia room you’ll never want to leave!
- Quiet study areaAlways be among friends, even when it’s time to study in this dedicated room.
- Outdoor social spaceFor when the sun decides to shine.
- GymThere's no gym fees with our high-tech equipment, it's just here when you want it!
- Cinema roomDim the lights and settle down for movie nights infront of the big screen. Don't forget the popcorn!
- CCTVFor your peace of mind we're always watching out for you.
- LaundryThe card-operated machines can wash and dry so there's no excuse for washing going home to mum!
- Bike StoreYour bike gets a home that's as safe and secure as your own.
- Ping lockerThis additional service is your personal concierge in your pocket. Go to pinglocker.com
- Social eventsOur social calendar will be buzzing with events to give you a great time and leave you feeling far from bored.
- Vending machinesWhether you're a night owl or an early riser there's just no need to venture out for a snack.
- High Speed Broadband100Mbps broadband means buffering will never stop you finding out just how that movie ends.
- Wi-FiOur extensive service will keep you connected wherever you are in the building.
- All billsNo need to stress over bills or ever running out of hot water.
- Contents insuranceKeep everything safe with inclusive contents insurance with Endsleigh.
- Secured depositsYou can trust us; we're part of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- ANUK accreditationWe're signed up to the ANUK code, so you know we're a legit landlord.
- Free dual occupancyWith fixed price rooms, there's no additional charge if couples share a studio.
We think we’re pretty great, but here’s what some of our students have to say about living with us
Extremely welcoming! The environment makes you feel right at home. The rooms have everything you need and the modern feels like a 5* hotel. The staff are always around to help out or just for a general chat and joke to keep you going!Holly & Katey, 1st Years
The Shield is fantastic, love living here! Lucy, Vanessa and Johnny are so friendly and it feels like a real community. The guys are always on hand to help if you have any issues!Faye, 1st Years
Living at The Shield has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, ranging from the facilities we have to the friendly staff and the excellent events. I can definitely say there’s no room for feeling homesick here!Ghiślaine, 1st Years