Our favourite video app has already made a few young millionaires since launching back in 2016, but which TikTok star is on track to make their first billion? We analysed earnings and stats around some of the most popular influencers to make a prediction.
Check out the full list at the bottom of the post.
Almost every TikTok star on our list is under 25 and not a traditional celebrity, meaning they started as relative unknowns and hit the viral big time through one of their videos. They’ve all got millions of followers and the potential to earn thousands of pounds for a single sponsored post, which is just 60 seconds of their time!
Much like YouTube and Instagram, top content creators and influencers on TikTok can rake in millions through brand partnerships, product placements and other monetised content that sees them wearing brands, doing reviews and generally just making products seem ultra-desirable. One thing that these content creators all have in common is that they’re young, smart, and know how to get likes on TikTok!
Who Could be the First TikTok Billionaire?
For our prediction, we used a TikTok money calculator to review the earning potential of some of the most followed stars on the platform, then calculated how many years it could take them to earn their first billion if they did an average of just five sponsored posts a year (many do way more).
Charlie D’Amelio – on track for billionaire Status by 2033
- Earnings per post: £46,532
- According to our predictions, sixteen-year-old Charlie D’Amelio could become TikTok’s youngest and richest content creator by 2033 if she keeps up the pace. Charli can earn between £46,532 and £77,974 for a single TikTok post shared with her 108 million followers.
- One of the platforms mega-influencers, Charli started posting TikToks in 2019 and became famous after a series of viral dance videos got her invited to perform as one of the Jonas brothers’ opening acts. She’s got sponsorship deals with makeup and clothing brands, starred in a Super Bowl advert and has co-created content with loads of other rising stars, including her sister Dixie D’Amelio, who has 49 million followers of her own.
- According to our prediction, Charlie D’Amelio could earn her first billion by the age of 28 by posting just five sponsored posts a year.
(click to enlarge)
Other Young Stars in the Race to Join the Billionaire Club
Addison Rae Easterling – on track for billionaire status by 2038
- Earnings per post: £32,887
- After starting her TikTok career with choreography and dance videos, 20-year-old Addison Rae Easterling has been raking in tons of cash through sponsored posts while growing her fan base of 76 million. Charging an estimated £32,887 per sponsored post, Addison is well on her way to earning tens of millions as her profile grows through affiliations with Reebok, Fashion Nova and TikTok superstar collective, Hype House.
Zach King – on track for billionaire status by 2043
- Earnings per post: £24,364
- Zach King built his empire doing digital sleight of hand videos on Vine before moving to TikTok and amassing a fan base of 57 million. The social media personality earns around £24,364 for a sponsored post and is one of the most well-known content creators on the platform. Despite posting far fewer videos on TikTok than some of the other high earners, Zach is older. After appearing on Ellen and the Amazing Race way earlier in his career, he has an established fan base.
Bella Poarch – on track for billionaire status by 2044
- Earnings per post: £24,279
- With some of the most liked videos on the platform, TikTok creator Bella Poarch is famous for her lip-synching videos, some of which have gotten literal billions of views. She started posting in 2020 and already has a following of more than 56 million, giving her vast earning potential when it comes to sponsored content.
Spencer X – on track for billionaire status by 2046
- Earnings per post: £22,125
- Beatboxer and musician Spencer X is another TikTok creator on track to bring big money in the next few years. Already listed as one of Forbes’ top-earning stars, with a mix of brand sponsorships and 51 million followers, he can earn upwards of £22,000 for a single post on his platform.
Starting a Career on TikTok
Some of the most famous influencers on the app today started as unknowns, building their fanbases from scratch. Most got their big break from viral videos that racked up billions of views, which helped them secure lucrative deals with brands and TV shows, and collabs with other rising stars.
Each content creator has picked a niche to specialise in at first, capitalising on trends as they happen with reaction videos and expertly picked hashtags. Many also have existing YouTube and Instagram accounts and post content across all social platforms regularly. The power of collaboration is also something that boosts many profiles to star status.
Join our TikTok Channel!
Check out Fresh on TikTok for student tips, challenges and some epic renditions of viral videos!
Full List of Billionaire Predictions