It’s absolutely right to have lots of questions about living with Fresh and here’s the best place to start quizzing us on how to book and what living here is really like. Let us know if we’ve missed anything by contacting the Accommodation Team at your chosen Fresh Student Living location. Every building has its own contact details – here’s a handy link where you can select any of our buildings.
Booking student accommodation
- When can I move in?A few weeks before arrival, you will be invited to book a move-in slot by your Accommodation Team. This can be booked via our student portal once we’ve let you know check-in slots are available.
- How do I use a promotion code?The registration and booking process generates a promotional code (when applicable). The code appears in a box at the top of your booking page, and just before you reach the payment stage of booking you should enter the code in the empty box. Click ‘Verify voucher’ to apply the discount to your booking.
- What is the cancellation policy?Book online until the end of 31st July, without seeing the accommodation first, and we run a 72-hour ‘Cooling-Off’ period, allowing you to cancel your booking within 72 hours of paying your booking fee. Bookings made from 1st August for the forthcoming academic year have a 24-hour ‘Cooling-Off’ period. To cancel, write to or email the Accommodation Manager at your chosen location.
- Can I choose a certain room?Absolutely! Floors, flats and room numbers are available to select during the online booking process.
- Can we book as a group?Of course! For locations with shared student apartments, group booking can be completed easily online. One member of the group just needs to register and when asked to “Create a group booking”, give the group a name and log in. Complete everyone’s personal details and then pay the booking fee. When done, the rest of the group have 24 hours to register, select ‘Join a group booking’ and pay their booking fee and that’s it – your perfect flatshare is secured!
- How do I book?It’s easy – just click on any ‘Book Now’ buttons around the website and come through to our online booking system. If you’re having any trouble with that, or to book our short-term lets and summer stays, just speak to the Accommodation Team at your chosen location.
- What deposit do I need?To secure your room you only need to pay the booking fee – the amount varies across locations so look at each building individually for details. This becomes your damage deposit in case of any little mishaps while living with us. The booking fee is non-refundable but the good thing is that you’ll get it back if nothing’s owing for damage or outstanding rent at the end of your stay. Deposits are fully secured by the ‘Tenancy Deposit Scheme’ in England and Wales or the ‘My Deposits’ scheme in Scotland. (For bookings in Scotland see the accommodation’s full Terms & Conditions.)
Living with Fresh
- How do I contribute to sustainable living?Please read our Sustainable Living Guide
- What do I do if I am not totally satisfied?We want you to love your time living with us but there may be times when we don’t always get it “right”. We take all complaints seriously and will try our best to fix any issues first time. If you need help and advice about how to complain please take a look at our Complaints Procedure.
- Can I have pets?Sorry, pets of any shape or size aren’t allowed.
- Can I order bedding and kitchen packs?Yes! Fresh is proud to partner with unikitout.com. Order a range of kitchen and bedding packs from their website, including duvet covers, pillows, cooking utensils and cleaning supplies, and they’ll be delivered straight to your accommodation. Order online and save 10% by using the promotion code FRESH10. On their shopping cart page use the drop-down menu to select where you are staying and enter your arrival date to ensure everything gets delivered on time!
- Do I need a TV licence?Whether we supply the TV or if you bring your own, or watch it through 4TV or the BBC iPlayer, you’ll need to have a valid TV Licence unless we tell you we’re covering it. Visit www.tvlicensing.co.uk for details and latest costs.
- What is the policy on guests staying in my room?We’re all grown-ups here, so of course occasional overnight guests are allowed. Please don’t invite someone to stay for more than three consecutive nights though, and always check with your flatmates first that they’re ok with extra house guests.
- Will my student flat be cleaned?Your student room and any shared areas within your apartment will be spotlessly clean when you arrive, and some of our tenancies include complimentary cleaning throughout your time with us. Look for it when checking out our locations.
- How do I log repairs?Log an issue on our Student Portal and our switched-on team will resolve it as soon as possible. Take a look at the Student Handbook on your chosen Fresh Student Living location page for our managing repairs policy.
- How do I find out who I am living with?On booking, you can see whether your flatmates are male or female, what year they are in and where they are studying. We don’t give out names for data protection but you can always use our Facebook pages for each location to find your flatmates before you move in and plan exactly who is bringing the kettle!
- Can I smoke?All Fresh Student Living student accommodation is smoke free and this includes all types of E-cigarettes. Smoking is not allowed in any private and communal areas including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and all internal social spaces. Designated smoking areas can be found outside of the building.
- How do I set up my internet connection?You’ll have broadband in every Fresh Student Living development, and the internet provided may differ depending on location and internet provider. Usually you can connect using an Ethernet Cable, which you just plug into the network wall socket in your room. Most of our sites have a wireless network covering the whole building. On arrival, simply connect your devices to the wireless network. Bandwidth information is provided with each location and for more information see your Tenants Handbook.
- Are my possessions insured?Rest assured that every single booking with Fresh comes with free Contents Insurance with Endsleigh Insurance. Individual locations explain how you can view the Contents Insurance cover certificate online. To upgrade your insurance contact Endsleigh directly.
- Government Guidelines
Moving out of your student accommodation
- Can I stay after I have graduated?Our student accommodation (in most cases) is just for students, however our sister company Five Nine Living offers rental accommodation in locations across the UK which are perfect for recent graduates, offering great value rent, on-site management teams and the fantastic service you would expect from Fresh Property Group.
- Will my room be inspected?Your apartment or studio will be fully inspected at least three times during your tenancy. We’ll keep an eye on cleanliness and hope not to see any damage and missing items. After each inspection we will tell you if any charges will need to be made to put something right. You will be invoiced immediately for recharges for the first two inspections and on the final inspection a deduction will be made from your deposit. The cost of recharges for cleaning, damages and missing items can be found in the Tenancy Handbook.
- Do I need to move out over the Christmas and Easter holidays?No, your room is yours for the whole of your tenancy. You only need to move out at the end of the agreement.
- Can I stay in my room over the summer holidays?We do our best to offer summer student accommodation extensions, or you may want to explore the UK and give another city a try. Contact the Accommodation Team at your chosen accommodation to see what they can do.
- When will I get my deposit back?Your deposit is registered with a Government-approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. As long as your room is clean and nothing is missing or damaged from your stay, we will aim to get your deposit back to you within 10 working days.
Our student accommodation facilities
- What size is a small double bed?Room descriptions explain whether yours will be a standard or small double bed. A small double is the same length as the standard but just a tiny bit narrower. Also known as a 3/4 size bed, small doubles measure approx. 120cm wide x 190cm long. Still plenty of room for a good night’s sleep even if there’s two of you sharing.
- How do I collect my post?Depending on which Fresh Student Living location is yours, post may be delivered directly through your door by Royal Mail or collected from on-site post boxes. Fresh accepts larger parcel deliveries at reception, but we accept no liability for loss or damage.
- Is visitor parking available?All our student accommodation is centrally located, close to good public transport links and other facilities, so you should be able to get around easily without a car. A small number of sites have limited parking, available at an additional charge, on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the Accommodation Team at your chosen location for more information.
- Is there a laundry on-site?Yes, so please don’t bring any portable washing machines with you! There are on-site laundries at all of our student accommodation locations at an additional charge.
Paying for your student accommodation
- What is FuturePay?FuturePay is an internet based equivalent of a traditional standing order or direct debit facility, but instead of the payment coming out of your bank account it is taken from your card.Once you have set up your FuturePay agreement with our online Card Merchant Worldpay, your instalments will be taken automatically from your card on the future due dates.For further details of how FuturePay works visit www.worldpay.com
- What happens if my student loan is late?If your student loan is late please contact the Accommodation Team at your Fresh Student Living location as they will be able to advise you.
- How can I pay for my rent?Settle rental payments by logging in to the Student Portal using your reference number and password. From the left-hand menu select ‘Financials’ and then ‘Payment Online’. Payments can be made via debit or credit card using the online secure payment system, RBS Worldpay.
- How can I pay if I'm an overseas student?PaytoStudy is the easy-to-use online payment process that’s a secure, fast and affordable way to make international payments to Fresh Student Living. Make international payments free of charge and at competitive foreign exchange rates. And, when PaytoStudy has a local bank account they eliminate the banking charges usually associated with international payments.Benefits include; No International sender/receiver fee, Preferential exchange rate, 24/7 online payment tracking and Customer Service, Receipts of all payments issued to sender/receiver and Easy payment process Bulk Payment options.To make a payment via PaytoStudy, log onto the Student Portal and select ‘Pay here’ in the Financials section.